023 - Settling the (Musical) Score
A news heavy show this week, with a tactical diversion into talking about game music (and music in general).
Show notes are always available on the Zed to Zed website
We are on iTunes, Stitcher and Google Play! Please give us a rating or review, it will really help us and is a free, easy way to support the show!
Also check out the Zed to Zed Podcast Leaderboard on TrueAchievements.
0:00:00 - Intro
0:19:00 - Recap
- Project Spark x2
- Elite Dangerous
- Rare Replay
- Games update: Pixel Piracy, Unravel, Sniper Elite 3, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, State of Decay: Year One, Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
- Geometry Wars
- Saints Row 2 DE
- Quake 4
- Grind Hero 360
- Project Spark x2
- Project Spark
- Rayman Legends
- Geometry Wars, joined the 5/12 club to equal Crandy
0:35:52 - News
1:15:07 - Listener Feedback
- Do or do not; there is no try
- Burnah Bros
- Tatey and Proux re: Day One Xbox Ones
- LordChabelo13: Dory DLC adding achievements to Disney Infinity
- KinectKid33: All about MIDI macros for Guitar Hero and Rock Band
- Arsenic 17: Gamerscore hunting a declining hobby?
- The Nyghty: What’s your “out of this world” passion? Fream is Zombies …
- Tarragon: psychological supernatural horror, e.g. Paranormal Activity
- Crandy: dystopia
- NBA Kirkland and JStryker416: best and worst endings in games
- Madeyepadeye: How much is too much for a game?
- R56CooperS11: Lootcrate?
- Ozbundyboy: Woodchucks?
2:26:41- Feature Content: Music
- AC/DC gym music
- Fream likes Punk and Ska and Insane Clown Posse
- Tarragon likes everything and nothing
- Crandy is close to the metal and Vaporwave
- Game Soundtracks:
- Halo - IGN Unfiltered with Marty O’Donnell
- Quake (Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails)
- C64 composers: Martin Galway, Rob Hubbard, JCH, Jeroen Tel
- Portal 2
- Silent Hill
- Sword & Sworcery
- Late addition: AirMech Arena by Front Line Assembly
- Dead Rising Mall Music
- Saints Row
- Killer Instinct
- Party Hard
- Tetris for CDi
- Earthworm Jim
- Sonic CD
- Game Informer Podcast about game music
- Dr Mario
- Life Is Strange
- Guile’s Theme Goes With Anything
- Soundtrack of popular songs vs a score
- The Flame in the Flood
2:51:17 - Shovelware Cemetery
2:58:03 - Knobs & Discos
- Forza 3 servers are back?
2:58:44 - Backwards Compatibility
3:00:23 - Zombie News Corner
3:08:52 - Outro
All audio production and podcast backend support provided by Tarragon Allen.
Songs and sounds that have been used in the show:
Glossary of Xbox Gamerscore and achievement jargon and terms